Qualities that Top Universities look for in potential candidates
In the admissions process, the admission committee give careful and individual attention to each applicant. They seek to identify students who will be the best educators—individuals who will inspire those around them during their College years and beyond.
Apart from a strong academic background and good test scores, they consider the following:Growth and potential
- Your maximum academic and personal potential
- Your working capacity in your academic pursuits, your employment, or Other areas?
- How you have used your time
- Initiativenes and motivational factors
- Your career direction
- Goal in life in five, or 25 years down the line
- Your contribution of something to those around you
- What sort of human being are you now and what will you be in the future
- Your learnings from your interests
- Quality of your activities and any leadership role that you played
- Your planning for extracurricular pursuits while you are in college/ university with your additional free time
- Choices you have made for yourself and Why?
- Openness to new ideas and people
- Your maturity level, character, leadership, self-confidence, warmth of personality, sense of humor, energy, concern for others, and grace under pressure
- Your ability to stand up to the pressures and freedoms of College/ University life
- Your contribution of something to ther university and to your classmates
Top university’s admissions process strives to be deliberate, meticulous, and fair. They consider each applicant as whole and consider candidates’ each information seriously. And at the end they choose the best.